Monday, September 9, 2013

Wake up Call and 20 pushups.

Over the weekend while my husband is here, we took the kids out for some family outings. First SciTech and then AQWA. Both fantastic outings. Pics were taken and when we got home I saw the pic taken of my son and I.... Though I was happy in the pic, it dawned on me how much I really let myself go, especially since moving to Perth. Well really I see it from the time I had to stop going to the gym about a year ago.

The gym has always been a great social outlet, frustration outlet, great exercise and a break from kids and hubby. When I had to let all that go because of finances it really affected me. All the anxiety and deep depression I used to suffer all came flooding back and fell into a vicious cycle of not being able to break out of it. I have always suffered with depression but it came back worse when exercise stopped.

Anyway back to the picture, I was really disappointed in myself for slipping and gaining the weight I have. And I don't even like what I see in the mirror, and I hate not knowing what to wear or feeling uncomfortable because clothes are tight.

Yesterday, I saw a post by Lorna Jane, that said Drop and give me 20 push ups! After a few seconds of internal arguing I did it! Those 20 push ups turned my miserable day into a happier one, to the point I got my gyms clothes on and with no kids or husband drove all the way to the gym and started filling in a free pass.

 I don't know about you, but some places I don't feel as comfortable as others. I had checked out a gym a bit further away and instantly loved the atmosphere. So, in the middle of filling in this form, I grabbed my bag, and walked out. Instead of driving home, I drove to the other gym and felt completely at home and happier. I said to the girls at reception, I was  going to join tonight, filled in the free pass and did a gruelling rpm class. So glad I stayed for the whole class and had an amazing chat to the instructor after.

I decided on an off peak membership as it would fit in with crèche and the classes I wanted to do. To top it off I had the most amazing sleep, even though my 3yr old daughter took up most of the bed and I have a sore butt this morning, the good mood is lingering and I love it!

So that was my day and how 20 push ups turned it all around!

xx


2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad that you were able to turn things around like that! What a great day that turned out to be :) I still think it's so amazing for you to have found a gym you're so comfortable in, and that you knew straight away which gym was for you. What a good sign!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thankyou! I had the same thing happen when I was in Kalgoorlie. I loved one gym and checked out another and even though I would have gotten a cheaper plan and free crèche I just didn't feel comfortable there. probably to do with bad experience with staff. but at these two gyms mentioned in the blog, It was the staff making me feel at ease and not dealing with the whole passing the buck on to another person to answer a simple question. :)

    ReplyDelete